He always begins by seeking to understand the client's business model and strategic objectives to provide the right legal solution. This has always been his approach with clients, colleagues, management teams and their advisors at Fortune 500 companies, Inc 500 companies, a Harvard Case Study company, established small businesses, and early-stage entrepreneurs spanning manufacturing, distribution, retail, service, and nonprofit.
In addition to practicing law, he is an Associate Professor of Management at Saint Louis University's Chaifetz School of Business. During his 14 years there, several thousand eager and less-than-eager students have enrolled in his classes in business law, entrepreneurship, and strategy. Although there is no good data on this, he believes he may have been successful in lighting the lamp of learning for many of them. He is a member of the SLU Student Veterans Success Task Force and he is the former Director of SLU's Center for Entrepreneurship. He is the founder and host of www.Trovelog.com, an information website devoted to providing “information for insight, inspiration, and innovation.”
Our investigation into his personal life reveals that he engages in reading, running, cooking, and interacting with family in a socially-distanced manner. He eats a bowl of ice cream every day. His favorite 21st century rock band is Ludo. We have verified that he is the father of three and grandfather of five. He lives in the historic Lafayette Square neighborhood in an oft-restored 1884 house, which was featured on an episode of MTV “Cribs” [original air date: March 7, 2009].
- Lewis Rice, LLC and Guilfoil, Petzall & Shoemake, L.L.C. | associate in corporate practice
- Deloitte LLP and KPMG LLP | auditing, tax, M&A, Total Quality Management development
- Regional Growth Capital, Inc. | business development for metro St. Louis mezzanine fund
- Barry-Wehmiller Group Inc. | accounting and finance
- PPC International, Inc. | CEO; developed global behavioral healthcare network in over 90 countries
- City of St. Louis | governmental and political advisor to the Mayor
- U.S. Navy Reserve | active duty with Commander Anti-Submarine Air Group Fifty-Six and aboard the USS Intrepid (CVS-11). [Note: Unlike every other place Vince has lived, which has either been torn down or is now privately owned by strangers, for a ticket price of no more than $15 per person at Pier 86 in New York Harbor, you can be piped aboard Vince's former home for most of 22 months – when there isn't a pandemic.]
- J.D. | Saint Louis University
- M.B.A. | Saint Louis University
- M.Ed. | William Paterson University
- B.A. | Indiana University – Bloomington
- St. Louis Public Library | vice president and member of the board
- Cinema St. Louis | member of the board
- Association for Corporate Growth | former president and board member of St. Louis Chapter
He is a member of the bar in Missouri and Illinois, a CPA, a one-time candidate for Missouri State Auditor, and a Capricorn.
As you may already know, "volpe" means "fox" in Italian. Also – before you ask – while he is a fan of the products from Volpi Foods on The Hill in St. Louis, he is not a relative.
Email: [email protected]