Amidst a mid-life crisis, Patti had a disconcerting realization - she had spent the first 25 years of her career helping people who were already very rich get even richer. Should she buy a sports car to soothe her unsettled soul? Perhaps, but instead she developed our unique law firm model to serve those who are creating value from their ideas, sweat, and investment. She also got a tattoo. She's having a lot of fun these days (even without the sports car), proving that lawyers can provide business-intelligent solutions at a price that reflects the value to the client (and not the amount of time the lawyer spent). She also likes not having a corporate boss - none of her corporate bosses ever found her easy to manage anyway. One of her former bosses, the late, great, John Short dubbed her a "soccer-mom assassin". Patti would like to point out that she has never been a soccer-mom and any resemblance to one is purely coincidental.
She is an expert in business law, having served companies large and small in industries including, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, technology, cannabis and more. However, she is not an expert in wine (knows only that she likes "red") or in classical music (but knows she tends to like symphonies performed in minor keys). She is a life-long hobbyist of game-theory (her first crush was on Bertrand Russell), a tech geek (which enables more predictable and efficient legal services), and an avid bird-watcher (which is not a particularly relevant skill - so avoid this topic unless you want to hear about her latest sightings). She asks a lot of questions, never shies away from a microphone, and is the one-time winner of a velcro jumping contest.
And while you might care that she has an executive MBA (Olin Business School at Washington University, with honors) and is licensed in both Illinois and Missouri, you probably really want to know that:
- She understands how business works.
- She has public company board level experience.
- She loves the courtroom.
- She returns calls.
- She is not a jerk.
- RehabCare Group Inc | Senior Vice President General Counsel
- Peabody Energy Corporation | VP General Counsel of Strategy
- SSM Healthcare | System Vice President General Counsel
- Thermadyne Holdings Corporation | Vice President General Counsel
- Dentons US, LLP (formerly Sonnenschein, Nath & Rosenthal, LLP) | Litigation Associate
- AppNotch, LLC
- Propulsys, Inc. | Vice Chairman
- Synergetics USA | Board Member and Chairman of the Compensation Committee
- YTB International | Vice Chairman
- Executive MBA | Washington University in St. Louis | Beta Gamma Sigma
- JD | St. Louis University | Top 5%
- Special Certification in Overcoming Lack of Height (lifetime study)
You can set a time to talk to her at this link.